RH oil seal on 205 from Eurocarparts

I bought a right hand oil seal from Eurocarts expecting it to be supplied with a plastic oil seal protector like the one pictured in the Haynes manual. Instead it has an integral ring of white plastic which looks a bit like a clutch diaphragm spring and doesn't seem to come out. Should I just leave the plastic ring where it is and install the driveshaft?

Philip

Reply to
Philip Koritsas

Yes, leave it in place. It is a protector for the seal, when you put the driveshaft back in. Peugeot used to supply seals with this on, but no longer do.

Reply to
Nigel

Nigel -

Thanks- Do you mean leave it in place permanently, even after the driveshaft has been installed?

Philip

Reply to
Philip Koritsas

Reply to