scratch repair (bodywork)

I have a long scratch on my car. The scartch is a fine deep line, possibly made with the tip of a knife. I want to repair the scratch and have tried T-Cut, but this made no difference.

I think the best way would be for me to apply a little paint with a small brush. Unfortunaately, the line is much finer that the brushes that I have seen.

Has anyone found a good way of introducing paint into a very fine scratch?

Thanks

species8350

There are a few ways that I could think of. Firstly trim the brush down to just a very few hairs. Secondly you can get lining pens for use on model trains and aircraft and the like. You can draw some very fine lines with those. You could get a feather and either make a fine nibbed pen or use the downy bits (IANA ornithologist so I don't know what they're called) as a brush.

Reply to
malc

Thank you

Best wishes

A malc wrote:

Reply to
species8350

Biggest problem is finding some paint which actually matches. I bought some Peugeot touch up paint for my 307, and it's several shades darker than the original (that medium metallic blue). Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Halfords do paint matching which I have found is better than main dealer a few times. They also do a pen rather than a brush. A bit like those tip-ex pens. I have found this easier to control.

Reply to
G Cadman

firstly is it down to the primer,you can wipe a wet cloth over the scratch, if it dissapears while wet, it means it will polish out, with flower discs and paste grease, dont use t cut, paintmans nightmare, what coulour is it, what location is the scratch

Reply to
colint

It is down to the primer. colour red (cherry) along the back wing, door, and front wing

Thanks

ps. what's wrong with t-cut?

Reply to
species8350