Squeking sound when changing gear

Hi NG, I have a 306 2.0 HDI from year 2000. I happy about the fantastic car but during the past couple of months a squeking sound is anoying me a bit. I happens when I change gear from 2. or 4. gear. The sound seems to come from just below the gear lever.

Anyone any idea what causing the sound? I recon it could be some fitting/sleeve when translating the gear level movement from vertical to horizontal underneath the bottom of the car.

Regards Poul Dürr Pedersen

Reply to
Poul Dürr Pedersen

Can you spray down the shaft? if so it might be a nylon bush drying up.or a rubber bush, try and have a look under the shaft cover and spray wd40 round it all..

Reply to
Chrs

HI I had the same squeek as you ,but in a 2ltr 406and the problem was the sealing ring on the exhaust manufold that holds the front pipe air tight,it had been assembled dry,it should have been assembled using a bit of high melting piont grease,when i did this it cured my problem squeek,i hope this helps somebody

Reply to
moron

Thanx for your help, I think I can live with the sound another month and have a look at it when the weather get a bit warmer. We have had a snow storm her in DK a week ago...

Poul

Reply to
Poul Dürr Pedersen