9000 CSE Anniversary vs 9000 CS Aero

I'm looking to buy a 9000 and have pretty much decided that to experiance the full joy of saab ownership I have to try a 2.3 HP turbo and I like the styling of both of the above cars.

However without traveling large distances to actually look at many of these vehicals, which are now starting to become a little harder to find second hand I wonder if someone could sum up the differences between the Aero and Anniversary models?

The engine seems similar?

What actually constitutes an Aero bodykit? I've always thought the aero looks better, but have never been able to put my finger on why, or even what's different about it.

How about the interior. The Aeros I've seen have excellent seats, were the same seats available for the Anniversary? What about other toys and kit?

-Michael

Reply to
Michael

"Michael" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Only diff. in engines are: Aero: Turbo Mitsu TD04-HL15#6 Anniversary: Garrett T25-31

The Mitsu is more "tuneable". The Garrett however is good for up to 250 Bhp. :o)

The Aero has different front and rear bumper/spoiler. And additional sidepieces - under the doors. The Aero is also lowered 10 mm compared to the standard CS (dunno with the Anniversary). And it has a bit stiffer suspension

The Aero seats are probably the beast seats Saab has ever made! And I don't think you can get an Anniversary with them.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Aero manual has 225bhp, Anni only 200bhp.(NB Aero auto is only 200bhp) Both have same body kit. Only Aero has special seats. Aero is lowered, stiffer struts and thicker anti-roll bars. Same wheels.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Micheal,

I am assuming that you are US based and are referring to the '98 CSE vs the 93.5-97 Aero. Same engine - 225 hp FPT - at least in 5sp form.

All 9k turbo automatics got 200 hp FPT whether Aero or not. The basic engine is the same for all 2.3L turbos. The difference was that the CS (170HP) had no boost control valve and were LPT. This can be remedied by buying a second hand BPC valve, some 1/4" hose and a Trionic box (saabnet, ebay, car-part.com) - total cost $200-$250. The end result: full pressure turbo. I have done this twice on my '95 CS and my '97 CS. Beware of '93 and '94 CS and CSE cars as some were NA and had no turbo at all. From 95-98 all 9k in the US were turbos in LPT, FPT or aero form...

The Aero got a TD04 turbo, that pushes more air, and a different Trionic box, leather trim, and the best seats ever put in a car. The exterior had different bumper skins, different wheel lips and a panel between the wheels. These exterior panels smooth it up a bit and really look sharp IMO. When I got my '97 CS, I was not willing to pay the premium for the CSE (better sound system and memory driver seat) or the additional premium for the Aero, though I wish I had those seats.

Happy hunting,

KeithG

Michael wrote:

Reply to