Swapping RB3 head unit for RD4 in 307 ?

Hi,

Is it possible to take the RB3 unit out of a 307 SW 2002 and replace it with a RD4 unit ?

Is the wiring compatible ?

I've heard that if it was possible at the very least I'd have to get my local Peugeot dealership to program the VIN number into the unit !

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
swebb99

Or a RD3 unit for that matter ?

Reply to
swebb99

Hi mate doubtful as the rd3 unit runs off van comfort network .. psa,and rd4 unit runs off can low speed network (bosch) so obviously they will have different mux interfaces on them ..mark

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

Hi Mark thanks for the reply.

So the original RB3 runs off a different bus type to both the RD3 and RD4 ?

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
swebb99

Hi mate rb3 and rd3 runs off different to rd4 rb3+rd3 van bus ... rd4 = can bus ..hope this helps

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1 Great thanks for that Mark it sounds like its possible to replace my RB3 with an RD3 unit then. Obviously I'd need to get the RD3 setup with the VIN off my car. Only reason I want to do this is so I can plug my MP3 player into the car without a cr*ppy FM transmitter, the RD3 has a Aux in from what I've read. Not sure if I do this though if the 5 disc changer will still work with the head unit though.

Thanks again

Steve

Reply to
swebb99

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1>

Hi steve the clarion rd3 doesn't have a aux in. Its basically the same at the rear as the RB3 unit . regards mark

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1>

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1 Oh Mmmmm I'm a little puzzled now then because I've seen units that let you plug MP3's and Ipods into the RD3 but none for the RB3 so I assumed they were using an aux in port. Are they using the port for the multichanger in if so I take it the multichanger can no longer work and also how come they can provide plug ins for the RD3 but not the RB3.

Thanks again Mark

Steve

Reply to
swebb99

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1>

Hi mate, peugeot don't list a lead for it because it doesn't have a aux input unlike the rd4 which has two. As you are prob aware of ,it looks like some none- peugeot companies are doing this via the multi-changer input . If this is the case i would say the multi-changer isn't going to work. Sorry to be so vague , but because i work for a peugeot dealer i can only say from a peugeot point-of-view. I have checked as well on our accessories site to be 100% .. best regards mark

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1>

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1 Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info. It looks like companies advertising mp3/ipod connections for the RD3 hook in via the cable for the multichanger as I expected (so as you mentioned this will no longer work). However I suspect the adaptors must also work for the RB3 as it appears to plug into the same cd changers as the RD3. Connects2 provide both a unit for Ipod's and Mp3's. I'll buy one and give it a go when I get a change and report back my findings.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
swebb99

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1>

yes please do mate, speak soon mark..

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1>

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200703/1 Hi Mark,

I installed the Connect2 and it works great :)

Installing it just involved removing the head unit and cd player. Disconnecting the cd player and then connecting the connect2 unit to the head unit. I then used double back tape to fix the connect2 box do the plastic work behind and to the right of the head unit within the console. I routed the headphone cable for the mp3 down to the plastic box under neath the ciggy holder (i had to drill a small hole in the box for the cable to thread through).

So now I slide my mp3 player into the slot at the bottom of the front centre console just infront of the gear lever. Plug it into the headphone cable and then plug it into power (12v socket near the gear lever). Select source as cd and I have tunes :)

Thanks for your help

Steve

Reply to
swebb99