Peugeot 307 Head Unit

Can anyone help me?

I have a Peugeot 307 cc 180. I also have an ipod and am keen to replace the factory fitted head unit with a new one that ipods can play through.

I also have a multi changer which I still want to use - hence my reasoning not to buy a connection that plugs in the back of the head unit as I will lose my changer.

Complicated I know! And to make things even trickier I would like to still use my paddle controls for the new head unit.

Any ideas on a reasonably priced head unit - or where I can find out? Halfords cannot advise! THERE MUST BE ONE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!

I would be very grateful!

Reply to
Mandarelli

I hear another Clarion head unit will allow you to do all of this. I don't know what the information screen on your dash board will do when you disconnect the head unit however. I would start by disconnecting the head unit first and observing. Make sure your outside temp, trip computer and all other information on the screen still works properly. Dan.

Mandarelli wrote:

Reply to
tricky4000

I did my 406 a few months back. OK, so you've got an ipod so you must already make MP3 tracks so you are half-way there. For me, the best low-cost solution was a Panasonic (less than 80 quid) which would read MP3 CD's. It did take me an evening to rip 160 CD's onto a dozen disks (about 10 to 14 CD's per disk). But its great. The advantage is that you don't have to worry about the head unit getting nicked (its only cheap) or the disks being nicked (because you can make another set!). The adaptor cables to hook in the stick controls added about another 25 quid if I remember. It was so good I bought a second one and put it in my wifes car.

OK. I just checked the website. For the same price you can now get one with a front socket for your ipod too! Check the link.

HTH, John

PS. I got mine from MotorWorld who also sorted out the adaptor cable jumpers (for free!).

Reply to
John Ricketts

In message , Mandarelli joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Best advice I can give is for you to find a dedicated I.C.E shop that does fitting. They should be able to advise you on what options are open to you for your specific needs. Avoid such places like Halfords etc. go for the independent shops.

Reply to
jossmer

I think you're missing one of the benefits of iPods. iPods interface with iTunes. Here you can purchase music (in AAC, not MP3 format) which will only play on an iPod. You can also subscribe to podcasts and get them automatically synced with your iPod when new ones come available. No faffing about with ripping from CD and then burning etc - just select the music you want and it's synced.

I don't have an iPod - but I can see some of the benefits of it.

John Ricketts wrote:

Reply to
David Hearn

OK, you can't use your standard Peugeot multichanger with your new headunit, so forget that.

What you need, is a new Headunit with a CD Changer. You'll also need a Facia adaptor to fit the unit into your dashboard, and possibly an ISO adaptor to connect the wiring. You'll then need an adaptor to connect your steering wheel controls to the new headunit. Choose a headunit with an iPod interface, and voila - all your conditions are met (except for reusing your existing CD changer).

Any local car audio store will be able to supply and fit (if required) all the above - get our your Yellow Pages and give them a call !

Reply to
Nom