Grrr....Head Unit Problems.

The Head Unit in my 1993 Buick LeSabre has stopped working. I've checked it. I think the Euphemism is, 'Stick a fork in it.'

So I bought a Sony CDX-M630 to replace it, the mounting kit, but could not find a wiring adaptor ANYWHERE and I need to get my car put back together today. So I hard wired it. (Please don't hit me.) EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT. Just no sound. From any speaker. Reset the head unit. No Sound. Faded, balanced, bassed and trebled. No sound. Like I said, it all works, just no sound.

On an odd note, the head unit was a DELCO-LOC II Dated 1996. So I assume this was not this car's first head unit.

I'm going to check all my wiring. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks, Nate.

Reply to
Nathan Lauver

Do you really mean "head unit" or do you mean radio/cd player? The Sony is not a "head unit", it is a stand alone radio/cd player. Feeding it's 23 watts into an oem amp will burn the amp out. How did you wire it?

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

I replaced the Whole Radio CD Player Factory Unit with the sony and a mounting kit to help fill the gaping hole. I used this to help me hardwire the system all together. Cut off factory plugs, PROPERLY wired all the car wires to the provided harness. Even the antenna comes up when you turn the mode to 'Tuner'. I'm so lost.

Reply to
Nathan Lauver

Guess the link would help, eh?

Reply to
Nathan Lauver

Well... it's either wrong wiring, bad wiring, bad speakers, or bad Sony. You can test the speakers and spkr wiring with a 9 volt battery. Here is a link to a gm wiring diagram pdf:

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
Nathan Lauver

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for letting us know what you found. Paul