Water in 406 below the dors

Hello! My -96 406 2,0 SV apparently is filled with water in the area below both doors on the right hand side. When braking or accelerating it sounds like a small river running back and forth down there. I have checed under the carpets, the footwell is dry. It seems to me the water is located in the area under the doors (the canals?) It doesen`t seem to dry significantly in periods of dry weather, but when raining the amount of water increases. Any ideas? You see, fall in Norway tends to be quite wet:-)

Bjorn, Norway

Reply to
torsteinsen

i have a 1989 405 deisel with drain channels[holes] at the bottom of the doors,check to see if these are free of rust/dirt by poking them with a peice of wire. or drill a small drainage hole at the lowest point of the door panel where the panel goes in towards the inside door panel to drain away the water

Reply to
wolves