Heated seat?

I have a 5 year old 306xs which I have had for 6 months, on cleaning out all my junk from the car recently I noticed there are wires under the front seats which also go up the back of the seat. I have no switch gear for heated seats and didn't think 306 had them so was wondering if anyone knows what they could be for?

Benj

Reply to
Benj

Could be the ones for the air bag(s) that are notorious for having to have the joints resoldered when the air bag light starts flashing and then stays on.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Not for the airbags but for the seatbelts...

"Benj" schreef in bericht news:43108e20$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos

Or, if they go up the back of the seat, maybe you have side airbags fitted.

Reply to
nigel

"Benj" wrote in news:43108e20$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

The wires under the front seats are for the seat-belt pretensioners, which are part of the air-bag system.

The 306 has heated seats in certain regions, such as Scandinavia and it was an option for the later cabriolets. The switches are located on the centre-console in front of the handbrake (sometimes coupled with the rear- window switches).

Reply to
southpawArcher

Hi,

The 306 sedan also had these, in the Griffe edition (very limited edition, I don't know if it was exported outside of France). Not common at all.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T