Which engine in which model

Hi guys, Just wondering abou this. My neighbour always gives me that **** how German cars are the best, yada yada yada...Opel rules...Now, I was wondering if there is a site or something that says which engines certain models use. Also where are other parts made. I mean, I read somewhere that Opel doesn't use "Opels" engines in all models or something like that. Also, Peugeot 407

2.0 hdi has a Ford engine?

Thanks for the info

Reply to
Hrvoje

Hi,

Right, most Opel Diesel units are badged as Isuzu (a brand of GM, too), which allows Isuzu to say they are the biggest Diesel engines manufacturers.

This 2.0HDi has been engineered by Peugeot and used by Ford due to the agreement tying PSA and Ford for the development of some Diesel engines, among others the 2.7HDi (DT17) and some others to come. AFAIK, the 2.0HDi is a pure PSA engine, the 2.0 136HP being mostly a 2.0 HDi with a HDi 2.2 16v head - the power gain is due to setups & 16 valves.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Oh, so it's vica versa....Ford uses Peugeots engine?

What's a PSA?

Reply to
Hrvoje

Agreed

Reply to
Mindwipe

Hi,

For a while, indeed... Remember the Sierra 2.3D ? It's known to be sluggish but unbreakable. Indeed they used Peugeot's XD3 engines (504, 505, J7/J9).

PSA is the name for Peugeot Société Anonyme, the holding for the Automobiles Peugeot and Automobiles Citroën (and the other companies owned by the Group, won't give the details here), stock exchange ticker PEUG.PA. Location : 75 Avenue de la Grande Armée, Paris 16, job application office

251 Boulevard Péreire, Paris 17, 9th floor, right door when out of the lift - indeed the Bd Péreire is 200-300m away from the Grande Armée. From the "ring" (Boulevard Périphérique in french), follow Maillot gate. Damn yeah I know that all ;-)

Regards, G.T (applied 13 times).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

hehehe, cool thanks, now I know, more than I thought I would :-)

Reply to
Hrvoje

It can be very complicated. The 2.0 136bhp diesel appears in lots of cars, or does it? It looks like the one in the Peugeot is the same as the one Ford use, and Jaguar, and Volvo, but I have a feeling the TDCi engine in the Ford is actually different from the one Peugeot use. Unlike the 1.6 diesel, which IS the same in a Volvo S40, Ford Focus and Peugeot 307/407, not to mention the Mazda 3. Then there's the 1.4 diesel shared by the BMW Mini and Toyota Yaris, the Fiat diesels in Vauxhalls and Opels, the Peugeot 1.4 HDi in the Toyota Aygo, and the Merc diesel in, well, all kinds of things from Chryslers to Ssang Yongs. Lucky you're not buying a van, because there's even more unlikely sharing of stuff in the van world. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Androo

Reply to
androo

Hehe that's a mix. Not that I worry, but I'm just tired of hearing how German cars rule, and French are crap, which some people here say. Ok, before, when Germans made everything for themselves, it was the case, but today everything is shared, and that's what I wanted to know, just didn't have the facts lol

Thanks

Reply to
Hrvoje