05 Grand Prix Rolling Forward in Park

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix and when I put the vechicle in park and remove my foot from the brake the vechicle rolls forward. The distance the vechicle rolls is dependant on the incline, on steap inclines the vechicle tends to move 2-4 inches.

I'm wondering is this normal these cars? If not what things should the dealer be looking at?

Thanks

Reply to
Just_Buy

Normal.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I've gotten in the habit of using the parking brake. My feeling is that it saves stress on the trans... Just my opinion.

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

That's what you are supposed to do. If you don't, then it's quite normal for the vehicle to move. And of course, when it moves, it basically loads up the park pawl with

2 tons of vehicle weight.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai