Bose stereo in 2002 Grand Prix?

Does anyone know an easy way to tell if a 2002 Grand Prix has the Bose

8-speaker stereo system just by looking at the interior of the car?

I'm looking to buy one and looking at lots of pics from online classifieds, but they all seem to have the same in-dash CD player with no Bose logo that I can see... Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

Reply to
LP

I own a 2002 GTP with the Bose stereo system. The easiest way to find out if the car you're interested has the Bose system is to look at the lower front door speakers. They will have the silver Bose logo on the speaker grilles. Or, for that model year, you can look at the rear deck speakers. Each side will have two speakers, whereas the standard stereo will only have one rear speaker per side. The Bose logo will only appear on the front speakers though. Nowhere on the head unit, or anywhere else for that matter, will it say "Bose."

I hope this helps, Race Fan

classifieds,

Reply to
Race Fan

The only Bose equipment in the GTP is the speakers and the pre-amp. I have a

2002 GTP also, and I took mine out because it sounds like CRAP

George Tampa, Fl

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00

Very helpful! Thats exactly what I needed to know Saves me a lot of time Thanks!

Reply to
LP

Thanks for the info! I know this can't compare to an aftermarket system, but would you say that the bose package sounds at least better than the standard factory stereo?

Reply to
LP

If you're not interested in having all of those around you hear nothing but the "thump thump thump" of those "aftermarket" systems, then let me say that my '02 GTP with the Bose systems has the clear and complete sound that the folks that make the music intended.

of"LP" wrote:

Reply to
ed blount