1995 Pontiac Bonneville SE Hesitation Loss of Power

Hello all. I've got a 95 Bonneville SE with 150K on it. I'm getting a loss of power or hesitiation when driving. Sometimes it occurs on acceleration from a stop, and sometimes when just doing a steady 70mph on the freeway. I just recently put new plugs, wires, fuel/air filter, PCV, vacuum lines at the throttle body, to try to correct the problem and it has not gone away. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Eric Brel

Check the Ohm's across the coil pack terminals. If one is around 7-8 and the other two are much higher you've got a bad coil.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,723 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I had a 1995 Bonneville SE with about 93,000 miles that did something similar. It turned out to be the fuel pump failing. They had to replace the fuel pump (about $500) and the problem went away.

Reply to
TEG

Thanks Harryface and TEG. I failed to mention a TWO important factors to this equation for a reason otherwise known as a brain fart and/or overeagerness to correct.

1) When I changed the plugs, the #3 plug was badly covered with white/brownish carbon??? Never seen one like that. All the others were OK. I thought of a clogged injector as it was running lean. 2) The car would not start for me after driving for a 1/2 hour on two different occasions....one time I pulled up to get gas#$%, pumped it, and it would not start. I had to try it about 5 times before it fired. The other occurence was basicaaly the same...and the temperature outside was 80F with 75% humidity and both occasions.

So, would a clogged/partially clogged injector cause the car to not start?

To sum it up, I have a fully tuned-up engine that has a loss of power or hesitation on acceleration and 70mph. It's not started on me twice and I had a plug with carbon at change out. Terribly sorry about the brain fart.

Reply to
Eric Brel

Fuel pump.

Reply to
SSTEIN2

No. You can completely disconnect one injector and the car should still run.

This is one of those situations where, unless you want to give the car to a shop for a week(s)...you may need to wait until the problem occurs more frequently. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

My 93 did that. I cleaned the MAP sensor and it fixed it.

I then replaced all three ignition packs and wires. Had 228K on it when I sold it. Still running to perfection.

Lannie

Reply to
LS