93 Grand am Trans question

I have a 93 pontiac grand am (6 cyl) around 85K miles on it. I need to put a hitch on it to pull a 4 X 8 trailer. I'll be loading/hauling a

300lb motorcyle with it. The manual says the car can handle this, but a mechanic told me to check with the dealer and see if it will be a problem, becuase it is a 93. He said since it is over 10 years old, the transmission may have issues if I try and do this.

The mechanic wasn't sure who would know, but thought I should start by asking the dealer (which I will be doing later on). But, I thought I would ask here in case someone may know something.

Trips would be anywhere from 20 to 300 miles. Can this '93 transmission handle pulling a 4 X 8 trailer with a 300lb bike loaded on it?

Reply to
Nitro

Anything that increases trans temperature could be bad. I would add a trans cooler.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
Scott Buchanan