1997 sunfire convertible

I have a 1997 sunfire convertible that the top will not go down. I did accidently hit the override switch in the trunk but switched it back. Now the top wont go down. It will however go up using the motor. Could it be something with the override switch?

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
JohnQPublic

You might of blown a fuse somewhere. This happened to me with an 89 Z-24 convertible on trip out east. I lowered the top and suitcases had shifted in the trunk and stopped the framework from folding on one side. The one time I didn't watch the top go down and something happens.

The Top wouldn't raise. I switched out the circuit breaker with the power window breaker and it still wouldn't go up. I had to drive home from Erie, PA. (600 miles) to Chicago with the top down at 98 degrees. At night, when it got dark, I noticed I had no courtesy lights when the door opened. I thought that was strange as they had worked the previous night.

I checked the fuse for the courtesy lights and it was blown. After I replaced it the top went up and down fine. Nowhere in the owners manual or fuse chart did it say anything about the top circuit being run through the courtesy light circuit.

During the course of the day I tried jumping the top motor, the switch anything to get the top up but nothing worked. I even swapped out the relay in the trunk with an old relay I had kept after buying the new one.

Good Luck.

harryface

91 Bonneville 320,135 05 Park Avenue 90,795
Reply to
Harry Face