2000 grand am dipstick HELP!!!!

I cannot find a dipstick for the transaxle. I have chacked several sites and some say it is center of the engine against the fire wall. Others say there isn't one and must use a sight glass on the passingers side of transaxle. Lastly I have read that it must be filled to within 6-8mm of the fill plug.

Does any one have the correct answer? I have a fill plug with no dipstick, no sight glass and no dipstick I can find.

Help please, Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ed

There is no dipstick and no sight glass that I am aware of. I have seen the fill plug on top on mine, but have not had to service it yet, so don't know the particulars.

Reply to
weird

Others have posted in the past to have the car level ( preferble on a rack) remove the side access fill plug and confirm that the oil level is even with or just below the the threads of the hole. If you overfill the trans the oil will run out before installing the plug and the level will be where it should be.

Good Luck.......

Harryface

91 Bonneville 312,899 05 Park Avenue 69,753

(both dipstick cars).

Reply to
Harry Face