Differential Refill

I can't find any filler plug on my 2000 Camry V-6 A/T differential. My Haynes manual shows one and it says that the diff. unit is separate and must be individually filled. I am hesitant to drain the unit if I cannot find the way to refill it! I did my '98 Camry 4-Cyl. differential last year and the filler was easy to find on that unit. I have looked with lights and mirrors and there simply is NO filler plug on this diff. in my 2000 V-6. What's the deal. Will it fill from the A/T unit? Thanks

Reply to
Dick Byrd

You can refill the transmission through the transmission dipstick tube. Start with 2 quarts then shift through the gears, allowing atleast 5 seconds per gear. Then put it back in park and check the dipstick. Only fill to the cold line. Then drive the vehicle around for a good 15 minutes and check the transmission again. Add to the hot if necessary. Be carefull to not overfill.

hope that was helpfull

Reply to
justinm930

"" wrote: > I can't find any filler plug on my 2000 Camry V-6 A/T > differential. My > Haynes manual shows one and it says that the diff. unit is > separate and must > be individually filled. I am hesitant to drain the unit if I > cannot find the > way to refill it! I did my '98 Camry 4-Cyl. differential last > year and the > filler was easy to find on that unit. I have looked with > lights and mirrors > and there simply is NO filler plug on this diff. in my 2000 > V-6. What's the > deal. Will it fill from the A/T unit? > Thanks

There is no filler plug on the differential, it fills from the A/T dipstick tube.

Reply to
noodlerooney

My Haynes manual shows one and it says that the diff. unit is separate and must be individually filled. ~~~~~~~~~ Make sure you're looking at the same year and engine as yours. Don't think your '00 V-6 has a separate differential oil reservoir, although the earlier 4 cyl. models did.

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks to all: Indeed, there is no separate filler on the differential unit on the '00 V-6 Camry. Everything filled fine through the dipstick tube. The Haynes manual was just plain wrong.

Thanks again

Dick

Reply to
Dick Byrd