2000 Pontiac Gran Prix Transmission

My 2000 Gran Prix GT with 3.8 L normally aspirated engine has a transmission oil leak at the seal around the left half-axel shaft output.

Is it possible to replace this seal without pulling the transmission?

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Just a bit of additional info, the transmission is a type 4T65E.

Ray

Reply to
Ray

If you ask this on the Drivetrain forum of

you'llget a definitive answer, but I'm pretty sure that yes, it can bechanged with the tranny still in the car. I seem to recall readingabout guys that have done it. Scott

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky

Yes it can be changed without dropping the transmission. You will need to take the lower ball joint nut off and then you can pull the spindle out enough to take the axle out. Once you've done that you can get right at the seal.

Reply to
scrapir