2001 Special Edition & 2002 40th Anniversary Grand Prix's

I have been looking at buying a 2000 or newer Grand Prix 2 door recently. The reason for this car over the Grand Am is because I trust the 3.8 engine more than the 3.4

Near where I live is a 2002 40th Anniversary Edition GTP model. I believe the car is greatly over priced since it is about $6,000 more than the regular GTP's on the market. It is in very good condition though, but doesn't that seem like a lot more for that option?. That option was only worth about $3,500 when the car was new, was it not?

I really wanted to find a GT model and not have to worry about the extra fuel expense with a GTP and also less repairs down the road if I didn't have the supercharger, but those 2 doors are hard to come by in a GT model. I did go look at a 2001 Special Edition GT but it was sadly driven into the ground and was in bad shape from one end to the other. Who would think such a new car could be treated so badly?

I like the looks of these (Special Edition / 40th Anniversary) models because they look a little different than all those other Grand Prix's on the road.

Here are my questions for anyone that owns a 2001 Special Edition or 2002

40th Anniversary model or the others that are in the 'know' and have the info.

  1. What are your feelings between the GT and GTP models? Any repairs that stand out over one or the other.

  2. Why did the 40th Anniversary model not come with the Bose sound system? I see it was an option not allowed to be picked. How do you find the sound system that did come with the car? How many speakers with this model? I think it is 6.

Was there more than one choice of CD players that GM offered with this 40th Anniversary model?

  1. Was the 2001 Special Edition able to come with a Bose sound system? Did it have more than one CD player option to choose from?

  1. What are the production numbers for the 2002 40th Anniversary Grand Prix's?

I believe there were just over 4,600 of the Special Editions made. Anyone know if this is correct?

  1. How do you find the leather is wearing in the car? Does it seem to be standing up well?

I can't think of any other questions right now, but if you own one of these cars or know some info about them, please do share. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Carl

T.

Consumer Guide 2002 Buying Guide lists the 40th Anni package at $2695 and includes a two tone leather interior, black raised roof strips, hood duct, unique spoiler, chrome alloy wheel, special badging and exhaust tips.

Package was available on the GT or GTP. It says Bose was optioal on the GTP but not with the 40th Anniversary package.

My guess that the Bose wasn't available was because of the two tone interior color. If there were extra speakers for the Bose higher up near top of the door, they probably didn't want to make Maroon colored speaker grilles. Or maybe to keep the price of the car down Pontiac didn't offer the more expensive $395 radio.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,800 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

IF you want a 2001 Special Edition GT 2 Door I have one for you!!!!!

Reply to
Ibtonyu

Reply to
Bunko

My 2002 GT 40th has the Bose sound system

Reply to
Tgw1972