2002 GA Headlight bulb replacement

I lift on the 2 retaining clips as the manual instructs, and then try to lift and pull forward the headlamp assembly out of the mounting bracket. It won't pull out and I'm afraid of breaking or bending something by applying too much force. I don't see anything else holding it in. The only other way to get to the bulb is to remove the battery and another metal cover, I don't know how involved that would be. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
kato

Headlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb and/or Cornering, Sidemarker, Park, Turn Signal Bulb Replacement Pontiac

Removal Procedure

1.Open the hood. 2.Remove the front air deflector. Refer to Air Deflector Replacement - Front in Body Front End. 3.Apply light pressure to the headlamp lens to hold the headlamp in place while disconnecting the retainers. 4.Lift up the headlamp retainers to release.

Important Note the location and position of the headlamp adjuster retainers and the locator tab.

5.Remove the headlamp, pulling straight forward from the headlamp mounting panel. 6.Disconnect the wiring harness from the headlamp. 7.Rotate the headlamp bulb/socket counterclockwise to release. 8.Remove the headlamp bulb/socket from the headlamp, if required.

Installation Procedure

1.Install the headlamp bulb/socket to the headlamp rotating clockwise until fully seated. 2.Connect the wiring harness to the headlamp.

Important Note the location and position of the headlamp adjuster retainers and the locator tab.

3.Position the headlamp to the headlamp mounting panel. 4.Apply light pressure to the headlamp lens to hold the headlamp in place while installing the retainers. 5.Align the headlamp retainers over the headlamp mounting tabs, then press the retainers down until fully seated. 6.Inspect the headlamp for proper fit. 7.Install the front air deflector. Refer to Air Deflector Replacement - Front in Body Front End. 8.Check the headlamp aim, If a new headlamp was installed, or if service or repairs in the front end area may have disturbed the headlamp mounting brackets. Refer to Headlamp Aiming . 9.Close the hood.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Thanks, much more detailed than the owner's manual.

Reply to
kato