Drive Train Swap

I have a 1980 Pontiac Lemans Safari Wagon. The 301 4bl is running on

7.5 cylinders and I'm considering creating a mild sleeper. The plan is to find the strongest drive train with least amount of mods. I would prefer staying with all Pontiac parts, but would think about a Buick or Olds drive train if the swap is not over the top in complications. I spotted a 1974 Granville that appears to have been sitting for many years in a back yard. From what I've researched on-line, all '74 Granvilles had 455's - now that would be a sleeper, eh? (yes I'm Canadian) I also found a 1978 Buick with a 350 in good running condition for $500, is this worth my time and money? As you can tell, I don't have a lot of experience but willing to learn. It's the kind of hobby I need to get away from too much office work. Thanks!
Reply to
Lyndon