2002 GP very strange problem..please help!

Hello everybody!
OK, let's explain. I start to drive my 2002 GP SE (automatic trans): Green light --> I'am pushing the gas pedal approx. halfway. 1st gear -->
engine goes to about 3000 rpm, switches to 2nd gear, then again at 3000 RPM switches to 3rd gear (everything smooth so far) finaly about 3000 RPM swiches to 4th gear, reaches about 3300 RPM and drastically fall to about 1400-1500. I keep the gas pedal still, without releasing Speed is about 65 mph, car horribly lacks of power, sometimes I have 1300 RPM, engine almost idle... Recently I have done the following jobs: engine flush, oil, filter change, trans. fluid change, Injection cleaning at authorized GM shop. Nothing has changed. This is almost new car, it has 27K miles. The problem started couple days after servicing my fuel tank at another shop (not GM). I had a bad fuel smell inside the car, and this guy said I had a hole in the tank, so they fixed it (glue + patch). My friend told me that every tank has a special hole that lets the air flow into the tank when gasoline goes to the engine, and perhaps now I have this hole "fixed". Can someone tell me if this is the problem? If not what could it be? I appreciate any help.

RPM
filter
engine,
No "special hole". Fuel vapors are vented thru the charcoal canister, trapped and metered back to the engine when running. When was last time fuel filter was changed? Did the shop that repaired the tank have to remove it? May have stirred up some sediment.... a long shot. At 27K & '02 should have some warranty left. I'd use it.
I could be misinterpreting the description here, but it almost sounds as if the TC stator is not overrunning.
Mark
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:44:42 -0700, Raf wrote:

--
remove 'spamsucks' from mail addy for replies.
I fart in Darl McBride's general direction.

Thanks, it looks that you're right. I took the tank cap off for couple days, but problem is still present. Now I know what to look for. The guys at GM shop were not checking neither fuel filter nor gas lines and my car goes normally under 30mph -50 mph.
--
Raf