421 piston question

I have a 64 421 that's been rebuilt once in it's life. It has 30 over pistons with the part number L2189. Anyone know where i can find the specs on this piston? I'm thinking it's an old sealed power number.

Reply to
Mark C.

Shep

I'm looking for estimated CR, forged or regular, etc.

Reply to
Mark C.

Reply to
Shep

I see from this post that the 421 is already 30 over. I believe that makes the bore the same as a standard 428 bore. I've found one reference to L2189 pistons listed as "421 cast pistons 61-66" There was no specs unfortunately

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Reply to
Mark C.

We're doing a budget build with a mild cam. The pistons and bores are in great shape so I'd like to reuse them after have a shop hot tank and NDI the block. hopefully I can find the right (open chamber) heads for these pistons.

Reply to
Mark C.

Reply to
Mark C.

You probably have 30 over 421 pistons. They would have the valve reliefs for the pre '67 head.

Technically it's a 428 now, but you'd still need the pre '67 heads to match those pistons. It would be nice to have some pictures to see what those valve reliefs look like. Got a digital camera??

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S