Engine Number Question

I have a 71 Type 1....I'm sure you all know by all the questions I've had....Anyway, The engine has a small VW symbol and the engine # B0362413. I'm sure It's been rebuilt (I would think). I've looked at a lot of sourses and can't find that number. Not AB###, Just B0362413, with a tiny VW logo jut to the left, almost as if it's part of the number. This could be engine number 5 for this car, for all I know. Any Ideas?

Thanks, John

Reply to
Jakalope

You most likely have a "B" block.. Not AK AH, AB etc.. A "B" block is

1600cc but only single port. My vast knowledge in this industry leads me to believe that this was an engine from August 1969 - July 1970. It boasts 57 HP.

Always glad to help!!

Jakal> I have a 71 Type 1....I'm sure you all know by all the questions I've

Reply to
payments338

The engine code is BO, 35kW, 47PS, 1.6L, 08/67 - 07/70, Type 2. So the engine started its life in a transporter.

J.

Reply to
Berg

Thanks for the info. I can always count on this group.

John

Reply to
Jakalope