86 sunbird will not stay running

I am working on a 86 sunbird. When cold it starts fine it goes to high idle as soon as it tops idle it shuts down. It will keep doing that untell it warms up. I have replace the idle air switch, map sencer,timeing belt, o2 sencer,new tune up , and removed the throlled body and clean it and its not giveing any codes. I am at a lost now does anyone have a idea?

Reply to
hottrod64

Could be a: -Large intake leak (which includes the brake booster). -Temp sensor -Crank sensor

Reply to
johnoz19

have you checked the fuel pressure? ever had a new fuel filter installed?

ds549

Well we just bought the car and the shop I got it from did put a new filter on it . As for the vac leak I am going to try to see if theres one in it this weekend. Thanks for your help all ideas are welcome

Reply to
hottrod64

Ok no vac leaks but did fine something. Pulled the cam cover the cam looks like its wiped it has ears like the lobes has been milled in the middle and a very sharp drop off one side.I have never been in to a 1.8 is this the way the cam suppose to be or is it wiped?I am use to old V8s.

Reply to
hottrod64