88 Sunbird A/C V-5 Compressor?

Hope someone here can give me some directions on replacing my V-5 A/C comp.on my 88 Sunbird 2.0 4cyl.A couple of years ago my compresser locked up about a week after going to a repair shop and spending almost $300 to get it converted over to R-134.The offrice tube is black some what.. but not stopped up.The comp.can be turned but it's real tight,only had traces of green dye in it.I'd say it's shot!Believe it may have run dry.I have got a new comp. on the way,I know i'm gonna have to replace the accumilator-drier,here's the thing the advance auto store's order site says for best performance 38846 Pressure switch needs to be replaced,can I just use the switch that comes with the new comp?That switch is almost $60.I want to do the job my self but I'm not planning on spending a fortune here.Any opinions greatly appreciated! Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift