89 Pontiac 6000le stalls after 15min of driving

Can anybody give me a possible suggestion why my car is stalling after 15 minutes of driving? it has bout 218K miles

I would be driving along at around 60mph and about 15minutes, the check engine light will come on, the speedometer will fall to zero, and the check oil light would come on, if i don't give it gas, the car will stall. If the car does end up stalling, the car will start up right away, but if i don't give it gas, it will die right away, if i give it a few good pumps of gas, then it will idle fine and I can drive away, but then usually it would want to stall again after a hundred feet.

other things i've noticed: sometimes the check engine light comes on and the speedo will always fall to zero, but the car seem to idle and drive fine, then sometimes the check engine light will go away and the speedo will work again.

another thing is, i've seen my oil light flash sometimes, but the check engine light doesn't come on. the car does not stall, but usually like

3minutes of the light flickering intermittently, it would stall. I've since given it an oil change,

I'm think it might be a fuel problem, but if it is, why would the car start with no problems, and why would the car run strong after giving it a good rest?

Reply to
mikey