91 cavalier 2 dr, auto, 2.0L-(stalling problem- O2 sensor?)

one owner professionaly serviced- now its come to me

ok when it warms up she stalls, starts sometimes and goes... I drove it for 20 minutes, it stalled, ran for another couple miles, stalled, started and stalled after a block, parked it. It goes, runs for seconds, as soon as i hit the pedal the rpms jump and it stalls... I can hear the fuel pump going when i turn the ignition, it has a distributor and rotor not a coil pack. The lady said, it stalls sometimes. Told me that she had to get it towed a couple times. She changed afew sensors under the hood, but didnt touch the O2 sensor on the exhaust.I imagine her mechanic could not find the problem for whatever reason, or perhaps she was tired of getting nickled and dimed to death.

Reply to
mat_jones

Its a SUNBIRD sorry, dont know why i always get them confused...I am sure some learned person would have pointed that out

to wit- I went and started her up this morning, no problem bought her into my garage(20 min runtime) and she is going up in the air called for an O2 sensor- $31.95 any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Reply to
mat_jones

It was a wiring problem, some power wire coming off the battery, maybe a re-routing job, it was cashed at the splice. I changed the O2 sensor because the check guages light came on, that stopped. It wouldn't idle so I turned up the idle screw, it kept revving periodically, up down up down, maybe 200 rpm drop but ran fine otherwise.

Reply to
mat_jones