91 Pontiac Trans Sport Mini-van

I have a 91 Pontiac Trans Sport with a 3.1L v-6. Lately, a significant amount of gas in getting into the crankcase oil. The engine does have high milage. Any ideas as to how this is happening and can it be stopped without an overhaul?

Reply to
pdclamont1

Let me guess it has a v6 vortec? W engine I forget what its called looks like a big spider and is on the inside of the intake cover. It does the fuel injection and it needs to be replaced. I did my own two years ago on my 94 Safari with the basic tools. The job looks way worse than it is. The part was around 900.00 CDN. Dont even think of a used one or repairing the old one and go with a origanl part not a rebuilt trust me. Any one know what this part is called again I forget and its driving me nuts. Seems to me having a fuel presurized assembly inside a vacumed space is just asking for a leak...........one of the dumest things I have ever seen GM do. Oh and while your in there check to see if your intake air balancer flapper thingy is stuck. Forget what thats called too but it can be unstuck and freeded up with wd40. Its a flapper thing that sits between the two halfs of the in air take. Drive it with the doghouse off you should here a clik clik back and fourth when you floor it and let off.

Reply to
Tim Thomson