'96 Pontiac Trans Sport Motor Problem.

I have a '96 Pontiac Trans Sport van, sometime i start the van it doesnt stay idle by itself i have to keep the gaz going, the check
engine is always on, i've put the computer on too see, and it gives me 3 things wrong, egr valve, air flow math censor and cmp with non signal on the 3 things. I've change all 3 and it does the same thing, does anybody know what too do???
On 29 Nov 2006 15:59:25 -0800, "Jean-Marie39"

99% chance you have an egr problem, but you need someone who knows what's going on to actually LOOK at it.

Agreed!! <clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

-
Agreed!! <clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message wrote:

-
It can't be the ERG because i have changed it, i've change all of the 3 things and it does the same thing, thanx again.:-)
On 30 Nov 2006 15:06:14 -0800, "Jean-Marie39"

Never say never. I've replaced more parts with parts that were no good than I care to remember - and I'm talking NEW parts. Just because you replaced the part - even if it was with a GOOD part doesn't meen it's not still an EGR problem. Like I said - you can keep throwing money at it or you can get someone who KNOWS what he's doing to take a look at it.

I don't know what you have but some ERGs require a certain amount of back pressure from the exhaust system to work properly. For example, I had a Escort once that was throwing a EGR code. Replaced the EGR valve but the code was still there, examined the exhaust system and discovered that I had a small black streak coming from a hole in the pipe before the muffler. Plugged the hole and the code went away.
For what it's worth
Jean-Marie39 wrote:

What you are saying is that (all things being equal) it can't be the "new" EGR valve that you just replaced. But the big problem here is that you don't have any clue how to properly diagnose the problem. You don't really understand what fault codes are and how they should be used to diagnose the problems. You are like many folks who believe that if the fault code says "egr" somewhere in the fault code description, "it must be the EGR valve". Which is of course, totally false.
But keep throwing parts at it, you might just get lucky and fix something, but I doubt it.
Ian