91 sunbird help

91 sunbird

I have a 3.1 v6 and 3 speed auto.

When the trans warms up it shifts hard. When stopping, I have to manually shift down for it, or it will stall.

I need options and ideas as why this is happening.

And is there a fix without rebuild or replace?

Like tranny filter, or something>?

Any help would be great.

Reply to
Silversurfer

It probably needs a full rebuild. You could try some sort of trans cleaner or you could remove and clean the valve body. Odds are it is gunked up. If it was just one gear (i.e.: 1-2 or 2-3) then I would suspect a gunked up accumulator, broken ring seal, etc. But from what you describe, its ALL gunked up. TH-125/3T40

=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul