93GrandAm shuts down when in drive

I just got a 93 Grand Am. Twice now as I have been driving the car starts to rumble and then stops. I start it back up just fine. But when I put it into drive or reverse it stalls out. After waiting about 15 minutes(the time it takes to push the car out of the intersection)it runs again. What could the problem be? The car sat in a driveway for like a year.

Reply to
noluckwithcars

This sounds like it could be the torque converter clutch solenoid. Very similar to what my daughter's '92 was doing several months ago. Replaced solenoid. Problem gone.

Reply to
Silver Surfer