94 Bonneville-HELP!!!

Here we go again! Last week my wife's 94 Bonneville quit and had to be towed. After it sits for a while it will start. Today we paid the $400 and picked it up. They replaced the MAF (mass air flow?) sensor and the Camshaft Position sensor. Later in the evening it quits again and we have to tow it home! ($400 for nothing) Questions: Does this car have a Crank sensor? It seems to start after it cools, what part could be temp sensitive? I still suspect fuel pressure. A couple of you suggested the alternator. Any ideas? I can't afford to keep throwing money away.

Gary

Reply to
GARY

I'd take it back. You paid to have a problem fixed, yet it isn't. It's up to the shop to make it right.

Reply to
FBR

Yes it has a crank sensor. What you describe, the cars age, and the 3800 engine fit a failing crank sensor. That and fuel pressure would be the first things a competent tech would check. Why did they replace the cam sensor and MAF? Although it would not run well, neither would prevent the car from running. Perhaps they could not duplicate the problem and it ran well for them? Hard to figure out what is wrong when nothing goes wrong.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=AAats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

You've paid $400 to get it fixed, and it isn't fixed. Take it back

Reply to
GH