Bonneville quits

My '94 Bonneville quit on my wife today. She called me. I called AAA. When we arrived, we tried it and it started. Then it quit again. The wrecker guy hooked to it, and when we arrived at the garage, it started again. There was fuel in the fuel line, but maybe not enough pressure?? Or could it be the Crank Position Sensor? Any guesses?

Gary

Reply to
GARY

Well... It's either fuel or electrical.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=DFats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

I guess alternator!

- a l e x

Reply to
a l e x

When you tested the fuel pressure, any idea what it was at? I had kinda the same problem on my olds .. it would start, run like shit, and die and then start right up. Or at a stoplight at takeoff the damn thing would die, and then start right up .. turned out the fuel pump was on it's way out....

Reply to
clevere

Had a similar problem with my 98'. Ended up being a fuel pressure regulator. Had a local garage fix it for under $100.

Kbach

Reply to
Kbach