96 Sunfire Remote Programming

I recently purchased another remote for my 96 sunfire, and I need help programming it. I believe I have the instructions, but am unable to locate the MALL PGM fuse. It is not in the fuse panel on the drivers side. Is there another fuse panel, other than the one under the hood?

Thanks.

Reply to
jkotecki

I don't see any fuse labelled MALL PGM in my manual. Looking at the wiring diagram for Power door lock system (with keyless entry) The remote keyless entry (RKE) module shows getting power from the RADIO fuse, and the lock and unlock relays getting power from the PWR ACC fuse. The RKE shows a program connector, which indicates all it does is connect a ground signal onto the line to the RKE to signal to enter program mode. Sorry I don't have power locks on mine, so I don't know the location of the program connector. It appears that by shorting the program connector, the RKE goes into the mode to accept new remote codes.

programming it. I believe I have the instructions, but am unable to locate the MALL PGM fuse. It is not in the fuse panel on the drivers side. Is there another fuse panel, other than the one under the hood?

Reply to
Mike Martin