99 grand Am 4 cyl

I have a 99 grand am that the trac light is coming on and it is running rough. What could be the cause of this. We had replaced the fuel filter,plugs,airfilter. What should I be checking now?

Reply to
chewielightguard

"" wrote: > I have a 99 grand am that the trac light is coming on and it > is running > rough. What could be the cause of this. We had replaced the > fuel > filter,plugs,airfilter. What should I be checking now?

Must be a 2.3L or a 2.4L.Replace the coil housing and boots first.The housing has been known to burn. Then if that doesn?t fix it replace the coils.You can check to see which cylinder is dead if you have 4 spark plug wires lying around.

Reply to
Shakes73