99 Grand Prix

Ok, The car is a 99 Grand Prix I live in a very quiet neighborhood with most people retired, thus no loud exhausts or that sort of thing. The factory alarm will start the horn blowing and the lights flashing after being activated approx seven to eight hours earlier. I have replaced the battery in the remote. This is annoying. Is there a relay or timer that could be causing this??? Oh, and the thought was that maybe the battery might be causing it. But, the car starts up fine with no hint of going bad.. This problem has just appeared this past week.. Any ideas, suggestions, help???????????? thanks, George

Reply to
George

The fact that the car "starts" normally is no indication that the battery is good. These modern fuel-injected cars start so easily that the battery can be on it's last legs and the car will still fire right up. If it were mine, I would take it to NAPA or AutoZone or someplace similar and have the battery "load-tested"... they can do it right in the car; and usually do it for free.

Reply to
David Courtney

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

If your car has a Body Control Module (BCM), the problem could be there. I had a similar problem with my 2005 GTO. About two hours after a rain, the alarm would go off. Turned out there was a leak which was getting the BCM wet and shorting it. Got the leak fixed and a new BCM (all under warranty) and haven't had a problem since then.

I'm not saying you have a leak, but there could be a bad connection or week circuit or whatever in the BCM that is triggering the alarm. Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S.