Avensis VVTi 2001 central locking broke

Just been out to car and attempted to unlock doors via remote key and got nothing. Tried spare key, same. Tried to unlock via key and turning key in clockwise direction gives a quiet clunk everytime I do it but doors still locked. Alarm / immobiliser led still flashing on dash as normal.

I'm beginning to think this could be a flat battery. Had to lug a 32" telly in the boot for my dad last night and am wondering now whether I left the boot light on, if so it's been on nearly 24 hours though I can't see any light emitting from it now (parcel shelf is out so I can see it) and as I said, LED is still flashing on dash as normal.

Could this be because battery power is just sufficient enough to sustain the alarm but too low for the central locking? Fortunately I have breakdown cover and will call them in the morning but how are they likely to get into the car as it's deadlocked? Stumped how they're gonna fix this one and whether it really is the battery at fault or something worse. Not had a hint of trouble till now. :(

Reply to
Dave

Who provides your breakdown service?

If it's the AA, they will get in. About the only vehicle that has no method of entry is certain BMW 7's.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Green Flag so most likely Tennants who tend to do most of Green Flag's work around Leeds where I am.

Reply to
Dave