99 sunfire gt

I have noticed a rattling noise when starting the car cold, does not always happen all the time, however when i depress the clutch the noise goes away. The car is making a unusal noise hard to describe, not grinding but rather a mild whinning almost like over reving but not. I have also put new tires on the front about 2months ago (Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring ) after reading reviews i wish i had not. How do i find and check all fluids levels for the transmission. Being a female i would like to get some advise before going to transmission shop. Thankyou in advance for any help.

Reply to
dartchucker

sounds like it could be the release bearing

Reply to
locnar