replacing brakes

With no prior experience, how difficult would it be for me to replace the brakes on a 90 Pontiac 6000?

Reply to
Ben

Are you mechanically inclined? Do you have an acquaintance who can show you the ropes rather than go at it Lone Ranger style?

Brakes are pretty important. You don't want to unwittingly make a mistake that affects the safety of your vehicle.

There are manuals that will tell you how to do the job, but my experience has been that there always seems to be some detail that the manual leaves out, and you are left guessing.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

With no prior experience? !!! Don't even consider it. Take it somewhere and have it done. Or have a knowledgeable friend with tools show you how.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I'll second that. Although brakes are pretty simple, in principal, they are also very critical, and there are many ways to screw up the job if you are totally green at it. You definitely want some "experienced" help the first time round. Depending how good a teacher he is, you MAY be OK the next time on your own.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce