AM radio RFI

98' GP SE. When I listen to the AM radio, while driving, I get a lot of interference from overhead power lines and such. Plus minor ignition noises. With engine off AM radio is very clear. Problem has just occurred in the last few months. Changing spark plug lines made for minor improvement. Car has factory antenna. What should I be looking at to resolve this problem?

JHG

Reply to
JHG

Look for antenna lead partially unplugged at: radio antenna connector somewhere in between

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Thank you. How do I get to the back of the radio?

JHG

Reply to
JHG

You will have to remove the radio enough to get at the antenna coax wire.=

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Thank you.

JHG

You will have to remove the radio enough to get at the antenna coax wire.

Reply to
JHG

Reply to
L benn

Update:

Problem was a bad connection at the radio. Thanks for all of the hints.

JHG

Reply to
JHG