Automatic trunk lockdown

first time on this group...hope someone can help.

I was replacing a couple of taillight bulbs in my '86 and now the trunk won't latch (it has the automatic draw down motor mechanism) Can't for the life of me figure out what I did for this to happen. Any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
J Buck

check to see if the locking mechanism is latched, take your key and unlock the trunk again, if its latched it should now unlatch and be able to pull itself down. Or the power motor for the pull down is bad. Check local salvage yards

Reply to
Midget Tosser

Is it a Trans Am?

Reply to
80 Knight

I'm thinking the motor is the problem, or maybe a fuse. Weird thing is, I can't latch the trunk at all, whereas before it would shut (be locked) and then I could hear the motor pull it down tighter. Won't latch at all now.

Reply to
J Buck

By any chance is the latch on the trunklid in the closed postion? This would keep it from engaging on the striker, thus preventing the pulll down from occurring.

Is it a Cadillac?

Good Luck

harryface

Reply to