left side door on '97 S-10 doesn't fully latch

The driver side door on my '97 S-10 pickup has suddenly gotten cranky about latching when I close it. It will fully latch if I slam it, but won't fully latch otherwise. Nothing visibly wrong. Don't know what to do to fix it. Help wanted. Someone else has probably had this happen, and I hope they can tell me the fix.

Reply to
RB