B-O-P Magazine

Whatever happened to B-O-P (Buick, Olds, & Pontiac Magazine)? I haven't seen one for quite a few years and thought it was a good idea for a magazine for those of us who like GM but weren't necessarially Chevy freaks (putting it politely). Was wondering when/why it went out of business--God knows there's plenty of magazines out there dedicated to stuff a lot more lame than B-O-P.

Reply to
James Goforth

The mag for those who like different brands is called Hemmings Muscle Machines. It's the best at present.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

Sadly, BOP was an idea whose time didn't come. It degenerated to "all-GM magazine", then it was sold to somebody who took it black and white, and it got and thinner and thinner and eventually just vanished. I was a subscriber, and had every issue. I sold them on ebay years ago.

I really like B, O, and P and don't like Chevies, so it was the ideal magazine for me. But apparently there aren't very many people like me.

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, I feel the same way, I like B-O-P cars, while I think I grew tired of seeing Chevy's after the first few trillion. I had a '67 Buick GS400 convertible for 18 years, gorgeous car...and I still, to this day, have NEVER seen another one. So then--by comparison--what's so great about a dime-a-dozen Camaro or Chevelle? I've already SEEN one, OK?? You can't throw a rock in any direction, afraid you might hit one, know what I mean? Meanwhile there's Pontiacs, Olds and Buicks, some of which had arguably sharper body styles, have all but vanished from the earth...cars which, if you happened across one somewhere, you felt you actually really SAW something. It does seem strange that there wasn't enough like-minded people in the world who would embrace a mag dedicated to the "other" GM iron. As I said, look at some of the obscure (& lame) subjects some of these other magazines are dedicated to--and actually seem to be quite high quality. They're well written, good photography, plenty of advertisers...what's up with that? Is there any avenue of lobbying for the revival of BOP? Seriously.

Reply to
James Goforth

JOOC, When was this mag published? It;s one I never saw. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I remember seeing tham in the 80's but I have no idea specifically when the mag was in print.

Reply to
James Goforth

I don't remember, but I walked into a newsstand and bought the first issue. I remember where I was, and based on that I think it was in the very late

80's.
Reply to
Joe

I'm surprised I never saw it then. I was reading High Performance Pontiac, Muscle Car Review, and one or two others back then. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh