Bonneville Fuel Pump Problem

Hello,

for the second time in few months my Bonny's fuel pump got broken. The first time they found stones in the fuel tank, but not this time. May it be the kind of gas we have in Iowa, with 15% of ethanol?

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Mark

Don't run it below 1/2 a tank.

Reply to
80 Knight

Got broken? Who broke it? Maybe you meant that it failed. A low quality replacement part is the most likely suspect with lack of other info. Higher ethanol content just gives worse mileage, it doesn't break things. A fuel pump would last just as long in a swimming pool as a tank of gasoline or a drum of vodka (ethanol is grain alcohol). GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Well, the first time we found stones that somebody put in the tank. We cleaned it and replaced the pump. I am not sure the low quality of the replacement. I remember I paid about 100$ in a O'reilly store. The second time they found a hole in the pump. I am not sure about it because I haven't seen it yet. The mechanics didn't talk about stones this time. However, even for a low quality part, I am surprised it broke again after only 5000 miles.

MC

Reply to
Mark

Reply to