"bucking" 1994 3.8

My 1994 3.8 Tran Sport has a nasty habit of "bucking" when running at low load - 1500-1800 RPM in drive. It is not consistent, but seems to be happening more as time goes by.It has on the rare occaision put on the CEL, but it does not store any codes.

Anyone have similar problem and find the cause/fix?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

My '91 Bonnie with the 3800 used to do that when I first bought it. Also, when I was at a dead stop and put the peddle to the floor to take off quickly, it would buck then quit. It would start right up again after that though, and if memory serves, it brought up a SES (CEL) code for TPS sensor and one other code I can not recall at present. It ended up being a back coil pack on the car. Replaced it and it has been running great every since.

Reply to
80 Knight

That's a possibility - I need to have the scanner hooked up and running when it misbehaves and see if I can find anything out of the ordinary on either TPS or spark.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

That is a good idea. My '91 Bonnie was also good at showing codes one minuite and not the next. Get the car to do it's thing, and hook up your scanner. You just might get lucky. :)

Reply to
80 Knight

You mean hook up the scanner and see if you can get it to act up. When it acts up is no time to install the scanner, as it is usually fine again in a few minutes.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

You know what I meant :-P

Reply to