CD Changer wiring question

I spoke to a tech who looked up the wiring diagram on my CD changer. Pin 3 (black/white) was referred to as CG or common ground. Pin 4 (bare/clear) was referred to as a drain. What is the difference in these 2? Just curious. Thanks. Ed

Reply to
Schooner

I believe the "drain" wire is the shield that reduces electromagnetic interference in the conductors carrying the audio signals.

Reply to
Silver Surfer