Charging poroblem on 1991 Grand Prix

I have a 1991 Grand Prix with a 3.1. We have replaced the starter and there was still a starting problem. So the repair shop added a solenoid to bypass the neutral safty switch to avoid having to pull the motor o replace it. The car ran fine for about 1 1/2 months. During this entire time the charging light has been on but they said the charging was fine. the car finally quit running due to a dead battery. I changed the alternator and the charge light turned off. But, the battery went dead so I put a new battery in it again. this work for the day but at then the battery went dead. We checked the charging and the battery is not getting a charge. Is there anythingelse that could be causing the problem? I am getting very frustrated and it is getting very costly...

Reply to
ctLeMans

WTF?! I work at a shop. I have no idea what that means.

Besides a bad alt? Of course. Bad wires or connections would do it. That does NOT mean, however, that the alt you just got didn't break already, or that a shitty replacement battery failed cuz it was junk. I see this stuff all the time. If you let a shop handle it, you get a warranty. If you try to guess (without a carbon pile load tester and ammeter you ARE guessing) and replace stuff yourself, you are in the wind. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Chevrolet