Dumbass Question: Climate Control Knob '98 GP

The other day I twisted the climate control selector knob too harshly on my '98 GP 3800 GT and broke the knob (the part that fits over the metal spindle). I glued the knob together, but can't it to change control settings, even though it's lined up properly with the flattened part. Am I missing something obvious, or do I simply need another unbroken, unglued knob? It's fall, and I'll be needing to select "defrost" pretty soon... Thanks!

Reply to
REP

Dipstick

Reply to
Dipstick

You were right about removing the insert; that was the problem with reinstalling the repaired one. Got a new knob anyway; the rest of the car is in perfect condition, so why not splurge on a $12 knob for it? Thanks again.

Reply to
REP