Cleaning Trunk Mat

After 4 years I need to clean my '00 SSEi's trunk mat. I was planning on using my "Little Green Machine", but thought someone may have a better way.

Well?

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Depends what its stained with. I've used Armour All Genral Purpose Cleaner on my cloth door panels, seats, rugs, carpeted floor mats & light grey trunk trim. Of course mine doesn't get that dirty from only one person using the vehicle.

Vacuum it first, then I'd wet it a little bit, spray the cleaner on it, brush the hell out of it & rinse well. Repeat if necessary.

I've also used Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner. Spray it on, Brush it in, Let dry, then Vacuum off the dried residue. Nice smell to it afterwards.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Sounds easy enough, but what about taking it out and doing on the driveway for better scrubbing and faster sun-drying? Too much of a pain to get out and then back in?

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Lee, It's real easy taking the trunk mat out. Remove the two cargo net holdowns there on the floor of trunk, then pull the mat out. It'll take about 5 seconds.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb

I figured it must be easy, the way it seems to shift around without much effort.

Thanks

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter